VOLUNTEER WITH US
The invaluable contribution made by volunteers over the years have enabled us to reach and empower thousands of Girls Inc. PNW youth. Without you, our reach would pale in comparison, and our ability to inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold would not be possible. Our vision is empowered girls and an equitable society and, with your help, more youth will have the tools, confidence, and support to realize their own power!
BROWSE OUR CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES
Though Covid-19 has changed how we go about our daily lives, our mission remains the same: inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold! Whether you’re quarantined at home or physically distancing, you can still volunteer with us.
GIRLS GUIDE (ON HOLD) — Girls Guides run weekly Girls Groups with a trained facilitator. They equip participants to navigate gender, economic and social barriers, and to grow up healthy, educated and independent.
FIELD TRIP HOST — Field trips allow youth to make real-world connections, learn about a variety of professions, and have fun! We are looking for local companies to host youth in an educational and interactive environment.
GUEST SPEAKER — Guest speakers share unique perspectives from their diverse fields. They support what the youth are learning and open their eyes to new career and post-secondary opportunities.
TUTORING — Virtual learning can be a challenge! We are looking for individuals who can support our youth in various subject areas, including, but not limited to, math, science and English.
EVENT SUPPORT (ON HOLD) — We host several annual fundraising events to fund our programs! We greatly benefit from day-of volunteers to help with set up, guest check-in, break down, and more.
- All volunteers must be 18 years or older to participate
- All volunteers who will have direct contact with youth are required to pass a criminal background check
This is what you can expect the volunteer placement process to look like:
- Submit a volunteer application online
- Complete a 15-minute phone interview with our Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
- Have a 30-minute second interview (in-person or via Zoom) with our Programs team
- Complete a background check
- Get matched to a volunteer position and receive your start date
- Complete a 3-hour volunteer orientation
- Start volunteering!